Sunday, October 31, 2010

No pretzels *this* Halloween, kiddies!

I've already dug into the treats I got for tonight but there should be enough for all! So what did I get for the kiddies this year? Check it out:


Descriptions of the treats below.

So why did I go all "healthy"? Because I wanted to. I don't intend to balance out the mainstream candy trick-or-treaters will be getting this Halloween. I'm not going to lie, either; I bought $10 worth of fun-size Reeses, Kit Kat, Twix and Snickers for a grown-up party last night. That was more out of sheer convenience but I just wanted to let that be known (guilt/ahem/guilt). Credit for practical attempts to offer vegan treats is no where to be seen since I have honey graham sticks. Oh, well. I made the decision to get them. And it's not that this stuff is less sweet than other Halloween treats. I am enjoying a delicious mango lollipop I swiped from the treat bowl; again, it is D-E-licious but at the same time I think I feel a tooth or two rotting at the moment.

Maybe it's just my mature palette reacting.

Sure. Anyhow, I hope my treats are a nice break from the usual Halloween treats. Hey, Halloween treats are probably a break from the usual for kids in the first place! At the end of the weekend, I hope all have a good weekend. Happy Halloween, Greensboro!

Yummy Earth Organic Lollipops (from Deep Roots market)
Stretch Island Fruit Co. All-Natural Fruit Strips (from Earth Fare)
EnviroKids Organix Crispy Rice Bars in Peanut Choco Drizzle (from Earth Fare)
Back to Nature Honey Graham Sticks (from Earth Fare)

Deep Roots Market in Greensboro
Earth Fare in Greensboro

Since I use my VCR about twice a year, it's as much of a tradition of mine to fiddle with it on Halloween as it is to watch my Hocus Pocus VHS tape on Halloween.  Dusk settles into Greensboro...


No comments:

Post a Comment