Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You get a smoke break. What do I get?

I stepped outside of my office yesterday for a minute or less to get a breath of fresh air. To get some sun. To attempt to clear my mind. Just for a minute, though. I felt a little guilty doing it for some reason.

I can't remember if I had ever done that before. I suppose that I do all of that during my lunch break but really all I am doing then is moving from my office chair to my driver's seat, listening to the radio, thinking about what I need to do when I get back to the office, thinking about sneaking in dessert during lunch...

So, I decided to just take a breather, literally. I didn't even really have to go outside. A tiny while of clearing your mind at your desk works, too. It's pretty amazing.

So, I took a break for a breath of fresh air. It's funny to see that some people take a break for a smoke. I've never smoked so I may not know how refreshing it is but...I'll pass. Equal and opposite pleasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment