Saturday, July 3, 2010

Wanna cupcake, cupcake?

Delicious and unbelievably moist vegan carrot cake cupcakes (VCTOTW) and vegan cream cheese frosting

One good thing about my cupcake baking madness is that I buy much less sweet junk food. There is virtually no more cakes, cookies, candies, etc. in my house unless I am using the product as a part of a cupcake recipe. I am glad that this shift has occurred in my spending an deating habits. I am not sure if it was more intentional or just a natural inclination since I would end up with more than enough sweets with a dozen or so cupcakes on hand! Of course, sometimes I would go a bit overboard and have one (or two or three) too many cupcakes in one day but I blame that on (1) uncontrollable excitement of vegan goodness and (2) the fact that I'm my own taste-tester!

In anycase, I am glad that I have come to a point where I keep basic ingredients on hand--flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, etc--because I can whip up different recipes as I see fit.

I've even ventured into muffin-making! But, the cupcakes are still where it's at.

No comments:

Post a Comment