Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How do you co-sponsor a refugee family in Greensboro?

I receive a weekly e-newsletter from Church World Service. Below is a meeting call in today’s e-newsletter for an interesting concept, process and way to foster refugees.

I am going to learn more about this sponsorship thing though I don’t intend to participate in it, at least at this point in my life. In my upcoming series on Immigration, I will make note of the various faith-based organizations in the area working with immigrants and refugees.

CO-SPONSORSHIP FOCUS GROUP

WHEN

Tuesday, June 15th at 5:30pm

WHAT

If you have ever been a co-sponsor for a refugee family in Greensboro, please come join us for this focus group. We are in the process of improving the co-sponsorship process and we would like feedback from your experience how to better train, equipment and support our co-sponsor groups working with refugees.

WHERE

Church World Service office

620 S. Elm Street, Suite 315, Greensboro

(At the corner of Elm and Lee Street downtown)

No comments:

Post a Comment