Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do you buy food in Greensboro?

Greensboro-licious!

How do you shop for groceries in Greensboro? Sometimes farmers' markets fit in my equation, but it's usually a social thing when I go with my friends to check out the goods. This post is going to revolve around a couple of groery stores that I frequent amongst others.

I have made the effort to curb a bad habit of mine...a bad habit with good intentions. I have made Earth Fare one of my usual stops for groceries but recently I had been stopping by the store several times a week. I had even been there twice in one day! You'd think that it be where everybody knows my name now, but I mostly feel like staff there are thinking, She's here again?! No worries. The staff are nice and helpful there, and I think I've seen most of the regular staff there!

Anyhow, Earth Fare caters to my food preferences but I don't live close to it and I barely work close to it. Most things are 15-30 minutes away from me in either direction whether I'm at home or at work. From work, it takes between 10-15 minutes to get to Earth Fare, a usual lunch stop. But my bad habit of going there all the time during lunch or after work or whenever else was getting out of hand. I was spending a lot on gas and with those quick trips, I was mostly buying Rice Dream vanilla pies and other one-time eats.

So, most recently I've started shopping there one a week for the motherload of groceries. You know, that big bill that covers enough meal and snack options for at least the week. It's been a good experience so far. I still mostly cook for one so there isn't too much thought that goes into the shopping. i am able to shop at a slower pace because I don't have to rush back to the office or back home so that I can get everything else done before I get to bed at a reasonable time.

*****
How do you shop for groceries? Is it an everyday thing where you get a little of this and a little of that? Do you shop for yourself or maybe two people or for a bigger family? Do you feel like you spend too much on groceries?
*****

Now, of course, the photo above is from Deep Roots Market. I loved the "Greensboro-licious" line. My mini-bad habit now is stopping by Deep Roots for snacky-type things. Also, the drive down Wendover to get there is for some reason pleasant to me. Agh, all of this driving! I used to do this frequent stop-and-shop thing at the Friendly Harris Teeter where you go to see and be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment