Friday, May 28, 2010

What does blogging feel like to you? Part 5

I hope you find these series topics and posts interesting. I look forward to the routine of writing, especially on the topics below that I find so interesting.

The following are topics I plan on exploring/commenting on in The Perfume Issue next:

Language
I am a language nerd. I love languages and lanaguage learning. I grew up in a bilingual household, accidently learned Spanish and just finished a couple of courses in Mandarin Chinese and Arabic in Greensboro this spring. I've come to the conclusion that "fluency" is a relative term and that, honestly, my English isn't perfect either!

Immigration
Dirty word #1. There's the line with variations that Everyone in America is an immigrant. I have a more recent immigrant history and I deal with how my experience as a second (or first?) generation American relates to immigration as a current hot-hot-hot issue. I always want to lay some thought down to what "immigration reform" means.

Food
Ok, I am fibbing here a bit or at least not being specific. I will actually focus on veganism and my preference toward a vegan diet (hmm and not necessarily a vegan lifestyle...yet). But, I feel like "vegan" is a dirty word, one that can push people away. But at the same time, it is a word that greatly attracts many other people looking for inspiration, support, information and confidence. Well, that's what I am looking for. I'll lay out my reasons for a preference for veganism (which may not be that honorable), my omnivore-licious weaknesses, and...humans.

Oh, humans.

I'm not sure yet if the series will be in the above order but it should all go down the same. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment