Monday, March 8, 2010

I hate to be a hater, but...(Part 2)

I really wanted to spontaneously jump back into being active and I did not want to pay for gym "privileges." I wanted to be more in control of my money and...do something different.

I started looking for stand-alone classes and for climbing gyms. The stand-alone classes were easy to find and there are basically only two good climbing gyms in the area, as far as I know. I needed something more concrete than a room of workout options, machines and brightly colored polygons and starbursts.

Climbing is pretty expensive and what are you gonna do? There are only so many options for climbing gyms. Yoga classes, and I guess other classes, are at least $10 a class and of course cheaper for a package deal. But I can't hate on that.

I went outside the box to find active things to do. I'm just not an active person--never did sports or worked out on a regular basis. I actually enjoyed my time and experience at the Y downtown but, again, I got stuck in the elliptical rut. But those fresh towels, every time you came in the door. Now that was worth the membership.

Anyhow, all I have to worry about now is stretching. I never do it! That'll keep me a sore and sorry body that won't be able to get to the next class in the week!

All's well that ends well, eh? Now, on to my diet...

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment