Tuesday, January 12, 2010

These cupcakes remind me of breakfast.

Instead of making Power Balls tonight, I decided to stop procrastinating and finally try out the (vegan) maple cupcake recipe I have. I lacked maple essence or flavor or whatever it's called, but the 1/2 cup of maple syrup was enough to make me think of waffles. :)

I didn't know if I would frost them or not and was on my way to making a quick ganache with some Ginger Green & Black's. Green & Black's was on sale, 2/$5, last month all over town. That was weird, but it worked because I've got a stack of the bars in my kitchen waiting to be devoured.

I finally ended up making my trusty ol' (vegan) cream cheese frosting and slyly dumped an extra ingredient--more maple syrup--into the mix. Having this KitchenAid mixer makes this a million and a half times easier than using a hand mixer. I burned out the motor in my one hand mixer but fortunately, I have a back up still tucked in it's original box...wait, what the heck...fortunately, I got a freakin' KitchenAid mixer!

Yay, domestication! Woohoo! Ok, back to reading Jezebel...haha

Ok, I digressed. Let's take a look at these babies:


The regular. Boooring, I know.



Ended up shaving some of the ginger chocolate on there.



This was done for kicks...and to calm my shame of discarding too much frosting.


Enough of this...time to eat! My New Year's resolution is to bake more cupcakes, so there!

Or something to that effect. I also bought some celery yesterday to offset the cake, so...

Good night!

1 comment: