Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Carrot Town



We may not have celebrated poblano-style, but we had a nice night out for Cinco de Mayo. Oh, besides the thunderous storm.

After class, I caught up with peoples at El Carretón/Carrot Town/The Wheel Barrow. I was entirely anxious because of (1) the rain, (2) the thought of trying to find parking because (3) I knew it'd be super crowded.

It was a nice, short night. Chris and I left pretty early and I got way more sleep last night than the night before but I thought it was odd that I didn't crash at all yesterday after only three hours of sleep the night before. I think I had the most energy yesterday than in recent history. I hope it went to good use.

I tell you what, I used some of that energy to ravenously inhale 640 calories of innocent peanut butter cups of a brand that I will not name for it is the name of the devil. *Sigh* I tried to make up for it but buying a bunch of those SoyJoy bars on sale at one of my lovely CVS-es. I don't even like those, I don't know why I continue to wait for them to be on sale. I mean, look, I get the whole whole food soy bar thing, but what is the purpose of Parmesan cheese in this thing? Tacky.



I guess what's tackier is that I ate them all at once. Or, within a couple of hours. That was way healthier than my dinner choice, which I am actually way too ashamed to describe here. So, in place, I will describe what the guy in line in front of me at the Harris Teeter was buying: a 12-pack of Busch Light, 2 24oz. cans of Icehouse, and a Marie Calendar's chicken pot pie.

Whew. I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment