Friday, April 24, 2009

Snacky Cakes

What ever happened to the Oreo?

I went to Harris Teeter yesterday to pick up lunch (HT chicken salad on crossaint, $3.99, a bit much but good) and of course a make-up box of Oreo Cakesters to take to Grace. I swear, I stood in front of the cookies in the cookie aisle forever trying to find these Cakesters. There are officially way too many Oreo products on the shelves. Not only are there a million types of the main cookie--from regular to Double Stuff to those mommy-fied cereal straws. Then there's the cereal and mini-cookies and ice cream and blah blah blah. I really thought there weren't any Cakesters, but I did find them and they were on sale! 2/$4 but I only got one box...yay for some good decisions!



There it is. The last in the package. I better not eat them.

So, I picked up lunch at Barnes & Noble today while I was returning a medical Spanish-language reference and buying some others from a somewhat rude cashier. Those Terra chips have the oddest texture but they are so good. Too bad I've bent the hell out of my frenillos eating them. I got a turkey sandwich and by the time I had a few bites left, I wondered if I was eat ham and i freaked out and threw out the rest of the meat. But, here is what it was before I started thinking too much:



When I pulled into the parking lot at Barnes & Noble I saw this and busted out laughing. Oh, childhood.



To quote Erika, I will be birthing a paper soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment