Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mad Scientists

It's 3 o'clock. Where did the day go?

I'm stuffed. Chris and I just ate a late lunch and seriously talked about how much we love broccoli and don't understand how some people hate it. Now, what I do hate are chicken-style taquitos. Ok, I don't hate them, but they won't be a repeat purchase.

Last night, Karen came over to hang out between dropping Brandon off at work and picking him up. That was just about the entire night and of course I narcolepsed out before she even left. We planned on watching Pi but decided to raid the Food Lion for snacks. I noted that it seemed like most strip malls/shopping centers had a nail salon and a cleaners, just like the new one on Woody Mill Rd., but bump that because apparently there will be all kinds of new development across the street where the Lowe's is destined to be. We'll see...

So, we decided to get some snacks. I think that we ended up with more salty/savory things because we sugared ourselves out after playing mad scientists with some old margarita/martini mixers (or as the typo said, martarita mixer) that smelled like what I assume formaldehyde smells like plus plastic and grossness. This is what we came up with:



Note the snazzy martini glasses I got as a gift a whiiiiile ago as a housewarming gift for my old apartment. Chris and I used for the first time last week with Karen and Brandon but I didn't dare take a sip of whatever it was that was in them since Chris failed to remember to clean the glasses out after taking them out of the box. Whatever was swimming in those drinks was not for me. Anywho, I felt like Professor Julius Kelp as we proceeded:



We got Chris to take a sip of the concoction without him knowing what it was and he was unamused.

Well, I am still feeling odd about my finding today:



A piece of rigatoni in my box of orzo. Odd. But, I love me some orzo so I had to let it go. Do better next time, Harris Teeter.

Now time to do some schoolwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment