Sunday, March 29, 2009

More than a Woman



I missed a day of posting! Terrible.

Saturday morning I went to an ACCESS training until about 1PM (so, I did stay for lunch haha). The topic I went to was...conflict resolution! Tom was doing the training again though I apparently was excused from yesterday since I went to Galtung's seminars last semester. Oh, well, it was kind of nice to see everyone at the training since I haven't been to one in a while.

Driving to and from the training center I blasted 99.5 WMAG, my weekend replacement for 101.1 weekend jazz (sorry!). I'm a sucker for "the best of the 70s, 80s, 90s and today" though thank goodness 99.5 focuses on as much surrounding the Bee Gees as possible.

Speaking of that, it seems like at any time that I turn on WMAG, three songs always make it on air:

Lou Rawls, You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine

Soft Cell, Tainted Love

Bee Gees, More Than A Woman

My goodness, I love the Bee Gees. Surprisingly, I haven't bought any of their songs on iTunes. I bought a lot of other stuff and you would think that I'd buy something I loooooooooooooove...I remember having the record in my family's house in McLean. We also had a Dolly Parton record I loved but I have her on CD so I'm good for now. I decided to also just make a YouTube playlist of At Worst...The Best of Boy George and Culture Club, a CD that I actually bought twice and lost twice in middle school. Sad.

Anyhow, later that night, we all tried a new spot, The Brass Taps on Battleground. I think that's the farthest bar that we have been to is Cooper's. Brass Taps was smaller than I thought it would be; I always see the sign for the place on my way to Earth Fare (which is usually my business that far up Battleground) but on our way up there last night we passed it due to the facade of a Subway in front of the bar. Confusing. Chris, Patricia and I got food there and we all liked it. The bar wasn't smoky at all, which was very nice, though odd, too, because there were a few people smoking in the small space. The only overpowering smell was Chris' baconator burger. I got the Fat Tire beer that Graham had introduced us to but I gave it a nay. Karen loved it though, she said it tasted like a "real beer". For a while there I was eye-ing one of the Coors in Chris' domestic bucket (it's like family-style drinking!), but I was trying to stay classy. With my southwestern black bean roll-ups and all.

P.S. Those taquitos were goooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment